Land Management Planning
Itasca County is committed to managing county land and forests for the benefit of citizens and providing them with a sustained supply of quality products and services. The Department will apply quality forestland stewardship practices, utilize modern technology and scientific information and partner with other forest organizations to provide citizens with those quality products and services.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD AND INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS
Draft Itasca County Forest Management Plan
Citizen and stakeholder input are currently open on all subjects and materials within the draft forest management planning documents. The Itasca County Land Department will be holding open public informational meetings on the draft Itasca County Forest Management Plan at 6:00 PM on January 7th and January 14th, 2020 in the Itasca County Board Room.
Comments must be submitted in written form to the Land Department; this may be by postal mail, email or by directly contacting the Land Department and will be accepted December 18th, 2019 through January 24, 2020.
(Current) Itasca County Land Management Plan
- Strategic Planning
- Operational Planning
- A. Forest Management and Prescribed Harvest
- B. Integrated Prescriptive Management and Monitoring
- C. Forest Management Guidelines and Specifications
- D. Non-Timber Resources
- E. Landscape and Ecological Information
- F. County Recreation Management
- G. Real Estate Management
- H. Employee Relation
- I. Public Consultation Policy
- J. Stakeholder Comment Evaluations